The Dash is a grass-roots-led initiative aimed at resolving current mobility problems along the West 7th Corridor and connecting the Cultural District and Downtown. We are committed to demonstrating how innovative funding models can inspire investment in public transportation infrastructure and services which will produce economic and social benefits for our community. In fact, investment in transit can exceed the payoff of investment in many other policy areas, including the expected effects of reducing taxpayer burden.
The vision for the Dash is to be a multi-route circulator system, with future recommended routes connecting Downtown to 1) Near Southside, 2) Panther Island and the Stockyards, and 3) Six Points Urban Village (planned). The first and most urgent route is the Cultural District line, which will utilize all-electric buses -- the first of their kind added to The T’s fleet. These energy efficient, environmentally friendly vehicles are sleek, unique and will have WiFi connectivity.
This citizen-led project is a public/private partnership with The FWTA committed to providing 75% of the necessary funding for the Dash but it is up to businesses and citizens to raise the remaining 25% of operating costs. The funding model will also include a fixed fare.
Proposed Launch Timeline - EARLY 2019!
Proposed Operating Schedule -
Sunday - Saturday, 10 am - 10 pm (15-min service)
Thursday - Saturday, 10 pm - 12:30 am (15-min service with extended evening hours)
Find out more about the DASH
STUDENT PASSES AT
TARRANT COUNTY COLLEGE
Starting in May of 2018, Tarrant County College will be purchasing bus passes for all 50,000+ students in their district to help their students get to class. TCC's Student IDs will work as their bus pass, and they can utilize the pass anywhere that currently gets service. Tarrant County College is also working with Trinity Metro to extend service to campuses that currently do not have service.
The Tarrant Transit Alliance will be partnering with Tarrant County College to help promote this partnership and educate their students on how to utilize these services. This is a huge win for transportation utilization and ridership and we look forward to watching this program roll out in the coming months!
TEXRail is on track to begin operations in late 2018. This new commuter rail line will extend from downtown Fort Worth, northeast through North Richland Hills to downtown Grapevine, and then into DFW International Airport.
Did you know that there are people who still do not know about TEXRail? If we want improved transit options in Tarrant County, TEXRail is an opportunity for us to show how successful a transit project can be! We need to make TEXRail a roaring success by telling everyone we know about it!
Want more information about TEXRail?
Learn about TEXRail